Welcome to our series of tutorials on the upcoming Microsoft Windows 10.
Using this tutorial you can create a shortcut on your desktop which you can use any time you want to free clipboard memory.
What is a Clipboard?
When you cut/copy to paste text, images, files or media files, the data is stored in Clipboard temporarily. The data will remain there till the time it is not overwritten by new data or clipboard is cleared. Storing large amount of data in clipboard is not recommended.
How to create a shortcut to clear clipboard in Windows 10:
- Right click anywhere on the empty area in your desktop, click on New and Shortcut.
- In the window that pops up, type in the target location box
%windir%\System32\cmd.exe /c “echo off | clip”
- Type in name for your shortcut as ClearClipboard or anything which you may like. Click Finish to create the shortcut.
You can use this shortcut as it is, however, if you want to assign an icon to it, follow these steps:
- Right click on the shortcut and select Properties.
- Click Change Icon.
- Select the icon from the list of icons displayed or browse the file to set as an icon.
For quick access you can pin the shortcut to taskbar, add it to quick launch or assign a keyboard shortcut to it.