Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to switch to a Local account from your Microsoft account in Windows 10.
In Windows 10 you can either create a Local Account or a Microsoft Account depending on your requirements.
If you are using a Microsoft account and for some reason no longer wish to connect your Microsoft account to your Windows account on the computer, you can switch back to Local account using following steps:
How to Switch to a Local Account in Windows 10:
- Open the Settings app, and click on the Accounts option.
- From the options on the left hand side, click on Your account.
- On the right side panel click on the Sign in with a Local account instead link.
- Type in the current Microsoft account password and click Next to proceed.
- Type in the username, password and hint for password and click Next to proceed.
- Click Sign out and finish button to switch to Local account from your Microsoft account.