Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to change Cortana’s language in Windows 10.
At the release of this tutorial, Cortana officially supports 7 languages mentioned below.
Not only will Cortana start speaking in the new language, it will start offering content in new language as well.
If you want you can change the default language of Cortana from American English to one of these:
- British English
- Mandarin Chinese
How to Change Cortana’s Language in Windows 10:
- Install the new language that you want Cortana to speak.
- Once the language pack is installed (Speech files included), click on the Set as default option under the language name in Languages.
- From the options on left side, click on Speech.
- Under Choose the language you speak with your device, select the newly installed language.
- If you are a non native speaker of the language, check the option next to Recognize non-native accents for this language.