Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to create a new library in Windows 10.
Libraries allow you to browse folders that are stored in different locations and drives in one place.
By default Windows 10 has inbuilt libraries for Documents, Videos, Music, Pictures etc. Windows 10 allows you to create your own library and include the folder as per your requirement.
How to Create a New Library in Windows 10:
- Open File Explorer and right click on the left panel. Select Show libraries.
- Click on Libraries.
- Click on the Home tab in the ribbon.
- Click on the New item button and then click on Library.
- Alternatively, right click on an empty area on right side panel and from New option select Library.
- Type name of the new Library and open it to start adding folders.
- You can also create a new Library by right clicking on the folder name in File Explorer and from the option Include in library select Create new library.