Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to reset the PIN for your account in Windows 10.
The only way to set up your PIN again is to reset it.
If you use your Microsoft account PIN to access games, social networking, or financial institutions, you’ll need to log in from scratch in each of those places after you reset your PIN.
How to Reset the PIN for Your Account in Windows 10:
- Open the Settings app and click on the Account option.
- From the options on the left hand side, click on Sign-in options.
- Click the I forgot my PIN link under the PIN setting on the right side panel.
- If your PIN is associated with your Microsoft account, then click on Continue to confirm.
- You will be prompted to verify your account password, enter your password and Sign in to continue.
- Now enter your alternate email address to receive verification code. Click Next to continue.
- Enter the code you have received in your alternate email address to reset the PIN. Click Next to continue.
- In Set up a PIN window, enter and confirm your new minimum 4 digit PIN. Click Ok to finish.
Note:If you are unable to sign in to Windows 10 with your PIN, you can click on the Sign-in options link underneath the PIN box, and select to sign in with your password instead.