Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to use Microsoft Edge inking feature in Windows 10.
The inking feature in Microsoft Edge lets you take notes directly on Web pages and then share it via e-mail or through social media.
How to use Microsoft Edge Inking Feature in Windows 10:
- Browse to the web page you want to ink.
- Click the Make A Web Note button (pen and paper icon) in the upper right corner of the browser window.
- The Web page will refresh and the inking toolbar will now appear over the regular toolbar.
- The left side of the inking toolbar has 5 icons: pen, highlighter, eraser, text and clip. The Pen tool is selected by default.
- Click on the pen icon to choose from 12 colors and 3 sizes and start writing on the web page.
- Click on the highlighter icon to highlight a part on web page.
- Click on the text icon to type in a text box instead of using free writing on the web page.
- Click on the clip icon to snip a part of the web page. It works just like Snipping Tool. The clip will be available on the lower right corner and you can click on it to copy and paste it in other program such as Paint.
- To save your work, click on the Save icon on the right side of the inking toolbar. You can send your creation to OneNote, add it to your favorites, or add it to your reading list.
- To share your work, click the Share icon on the right side of the inking toolbar to open up Windows 10’s sharing sidebar.
- Click Exit button to close.