Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to uninstall apps in Windows 10.
Windows 10 has two types of apps, desktop apps and windows apps. Windows apps are the ones you install from the Windows Store and just like a smart phone, each Microsoft account has its owns Windows apps.
When you uninstall a desktop app, it will be uninstalled for all users on the PC. When you uninstall a Windows app, it will be uninstalled for all user account only.
Traditionally users have been uninstalling apps using the Program and Features option in Control Panel. In Windows 10 you can uninstall apps using below mentioned methods along with the traditional approach.
How to Uninstall Apps Using Settings App in Windows 10:
- Open the Settings app, and click on the System option.
- From the options on the left hand side, click on App & features.
- On the right side panel browse for the app you want to uninstall and click on it.
- Click on the Uninstall button that will appear under the app details.
- Click on the Uninstall again to confirm and follow the on screen instructions to uninstall the app.
How to Uninstall Apps Using Start Menu in Windows 10:
- Open Start menu.
- Click on All apps at the bottom.
- Browse for the app you want to uninstall and right click on it.
- Click on the Uninstall option.
- If it’s a Window app, then click on the Uninstall again to confirm and follow the on screen instructions to uninstall the app.
- If it’s a desktop app, then click on app from the list of apps in Program and Features.
- Click Uninstall from the toolbar and follow on screen instructions to uninstall the app.