Welcome to our series of Microsoft Windows 10 tutorials that help you understand the features of this new operating system by Microsoft.
This tutorial will show you how to verify your Microsoft Account identity on this PC in Windows 10.
When you sign in with your Microsoft account in Windows 10, you may be asked to verify your identity so that Windows knows that only you have access to your account. The security information you provide, Microsoft uses it to raise the security level of your Microsoft account.
The security information include:
- Email accounts
- Phone number
- Recovery code
- Trusted devices
How to Verify Your Microsoft Account Identity:
- Open the Settings app, and click on the Accounts option.
- From the options on the left hand side, click on Your account.
- On the right side panel click the Verify link under You need to verify your identity on this PC.
- Enter your alternate email address for Microsoft account to receive your security code. Press Next button to continue.
- Copy the Microsoft account verification code you have received on your alternate email address and press Next button to complete the process.